This came about purely from having lots of frozen blackberries and some spare bananas, and worked out very well. Made it on a Thursday and took a slice in for each of my Friday personal training clients. A big thumbs up from all of them (and rather liking it myself) encouraged me to get it typed up and shared. Here we go:
Blackberry Banana Bread
(Makes one small loaf, about 10 slices)
• 2 cups oat flour – you can make this by simply grinding oats in a blender
• 1 tablespoon coconut flour
• 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/3 cup maple syrup
• 2 eggs
• 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
• 3 ripe bananas
• 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt (I used Liberte Greek style yogurt)
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 1 cup blackberries, cut in half
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees (C). Line the bottom of a loaf tin with baking paper and spray with 1 cal spray.
2. Blend the oats first to create your oat flour, then add all other ingredients except the blackberries and blend into a batter.
3. Gently fold the blackberries into the mixture, then pour batter into the lined loaf tin and bake for 45 minutes to an hour. Allow the bread to cool completely before slicing.
Alternative options to blackberries… blueberries, raspberries, or blackcurrants. Dessicated coconut could work well in this too. Or for a more decadent version, chocolate chips 🙂
Let me know if you make it, and enjoy!